1. The spa is the best place to come for specialised treatments, therapies and pampering to make yourself feel special. It will help recover from the stress encountered during the day. The spa is an oasis of calm in a world that is filled with noise, anxiety and tension. Don't let this stress build up over time until you hit an inevitable breaking point.
2. You'll feel more healthy and alert after a treatment or massage enabling to be your best at work and in your personal life. All areas of your life need to be in balance if you are to function at your best.
3. It will help you sleep better at night as you quickly leave all the troubles and concerns of the day behind you when you step into the spa. People often find it hard to relax after a hard days work and will often reach for a glass of wine in order to loosen up. A visit to the spa is a much healthier way to wind down at the end of the day.
4. The Kimantra Urban Spa has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that will quickly make you feel at ease, whether you are a new or regular visitor. The spa is a real part of the local community and visitors appreciate the personal touch the staff bring to the experience.
5. Kimantra Urban Spa stays open until 21:00 during the week and 20:00 during the weekend, so it's easy and convenient to fit a visit into your busy schedule.
In shopping streets around the country Christmas lights are being turned on and people are starting to consider what kinds of gifts and presents to get for their friends and families. The stores will soon start filling up as the shoppers search for that must have gadget or toy.
Something to consider is the research that has been done into what makes people truly happy. We all know that giving and receiving new things, while often practical and a lot of fun, only gives temporary satisfaction and enjoyment.
Research has shown that one of the best things we can do to improve our happiness and well-being is by spending our money on experiences. With experiences we can enjoy looking forward to the event, enjoy the experience in the moment as well as feel good about the experience afterwards with memories that will last us a life-time.
If you feel that is the kind of gift you want to give some then get in touch with us at Kimantra Urban Spa to find out the range of treatments, massages and full pamper days we have on offer. We can help you decide on a gift that will be a lasting memorable experience and a great Christmas memory.
Kingsley shares his story, how he became interested in health and fitness, massage and yoga and the inspiration behind starting Kimantra Urban Spa in Islington, North London.
“I was one of those skinny kids who was really good at athletics at school. Athletics is great because it's a wonderful way of using the body to express yourself. What was interesting was, how you become a champion, within 10s or in my case with the 400 meters, 40-odd seconds.
The winner is the one who wants it the most, who is prepared to just do it. And it was a good mantra for me because I realised if I took that philosophy and put it into practice in other areas of my life, I would always achieve the things I wanted to achieve.
So athletics was a great training, it was a great discipline and running and competing was my passion. I felt healthy, I felt free, I felt great. It was a phase of my life on which I look back and think it was a wonderful period.
After athletics I moved into personal training. I love personal training. For me it was a natural progression because people always asked if I could train them, how do I get fit, how do I stay fit etc. So it was a natural progression really, and I think I did pretty well at that as well.
I was always looking for the next thing and I got introduced to massage and then I went to India in 2000. I started off in a place called Trivandrum and basically toured all over India. I went to places like Chennai, Varanasi, Rishikesh, Pushkar. It was amazing.
Each time I would stop at Ashrams and meet amazing people, gurus and holy men and they would tell me and teach me about India, meditation, yoga and massage.
Having been influenced by what I saw, it set the ball in motion and in 2000 I thought: wouldn't it be great to open a spa?
I wanted to create an amazing spa that wasn't intimidating, that local people could come in and have fantastic treatments and walk out feeling fresh and relaxed and that was my goal. Kimantra is now a wonderful place which has established itself in Islington as a fantastic place for massage and treatments.”
Imagine you've had a hard day at work, maybe you've been rushing around a lot, or been sitting at a desk all day. Your back is aching, you have a painful shoulder and your head is throbbing. Stress, repetitive motions, muscle strains and tiredness are all taking their toll on your mind and body.
Aches and pains are your body's way of telling you that you need to slow down and take things easy for a while. If you ignore these signals you could be setting yourself up for long term problems.
One of the best ways to relieve these kinds of physiological and psychological stresses is through massage. Getting a massage will reduce back pain and aching muscles, increases the motion in your joints, relieves stress and fatigue and brings calmness and relaxation to your mind and body.
Kimantra Urban Spa is open from 10:00 AM to 9 PM Monday to Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM on Saturday and 11 AM to 8 PM on Sunday. This means that you won't have to squeeze in an appointment in your already busy weekend but can have a massage right after one of those stressful days at work and prevent long term stress from damaging your well being.